The goals of the BI team are to help maintain the integrity of VeriShip’s high value data assets and to provide a single source of reporting truth that meet the needs of external reporting, internal reporting and data science analysis. The BI developer’s duties to achieve these goals are to develop and maintain data loads for our reporting Data Mart; develop and maintain reports and dashboards for our internal and external clients; develop and maintain ETL scripts that will synchronize data between internal systems. Key traits for success include the drive to learn new technologies, the ability to rapidly apply lessons learned and the desire to collaborate across the organization and with our customers and partners. We value learning, risk taking and the effort that will drive VeriShip to the next level. If you’re ready to work in a fun, fast-paced, start-up environment we want you!
- 2+ years Database development experience using any SQL language such as T-SQL (Microsoft), PL/SQL (Oracle), MYSQL, etc.
- 2+ years ETL development experience
- A working knowledge of data modeling concepts (3rd normal form and Star Schema)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- BA/BS degree in computer science, IS, or IT or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies and tools would be useful: Chef, GIT, JIRA, Grunt, Slack, S3, OAuth, SAML, AWSSDK, Amazon EMR, Big Data concepts
Apply for position